Monday, October 13, 2014

Guest Beauty Blogger - Angelica Sollie

I have truly enjoyed reading the entries to my beauty contest.  For more info on how to enter, please read my blog here.  You still have one week to enter!

My guest blogger is Angelica Sollie.  I met her this summer when she served in Estonia with twenty other high school students from Minnesota.  I love seeing the next generation of young writers emerge.

She is a stunning beauty on the inside and out.  It's a privilege to share her encounter with beauty as my first guest blog- a great reminder to do what you truly love to do.  That is when our true beauty most effortlessly appears. 

****
I can feel the pure delight in her spirit as she's anticipating this long-awaited chance to place her hands on those worn-out keys. She sits down at the piano for the first time in ages, playing her favorite song. With her closed eyes she's so moved by the beautiful melody. I can tangibly feel her lavished emotion through those simple notes -how she demands the keys to fabricate her heart's song. 

I can feel the passion through the clashing dissonant chords and the chaos of her beautiful mind. I feel the suffering through the melancholy notes and her heart's longing for the resolve. And when at last it comes, I feel the overwhelming peace of her ravished spirit. It's as if the piano was created solely for her. 




How great it is to be in the presence of the pure gold flowing with each proceeding note of her song. Even God in heaven is dancing to the song He's inspired her with. Seeing the streams of light from the pure delight in her eyes, how truly beautiful it is to watch her completely taken by the music she's playing.

I realize how hard it is to put aside the fact that beauty isn't how they display it on billboards and magazine covers. Beauty is far deeper than makeup and photoshop; far deeper than the surface our faulty eyes are drawn to. Beauty is a seemingly ordinary girl embraced in joy as she awakens a grand instrument, awakening herself. Beauty is witnessing someone do what they truly, truly love to do.

Written by Angelica Sollie
****


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home